- Emergency alert systems - BS 8629
Emergency alert systems - BS 8629
Learners will be introduced to EAS as part of the fire safety solution for tall residential properties. This CPD course provides learners with an understanding of the requirements of BS 5839-1 in relation to; design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of EAS.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the management of existing tall residential properties and those specifying or installing EAS e.g., leaseholders, FM providers, service managers, building / property managers, consultants, fire risk assessors, EAS contractors, EAS designers, F&RS. Those attending would benefit from a basic knowledge of FD&FA systems.
- Scope and Need for an EAS
- Consultation & responsibilities
- System components
- Evacuation alert zones
- EAD – sounders & audibility
- Arrangements for disabled people and Siting of EADs
- EACIE and Power supplies
- Installation and commissioning
- Documentation, certification, and acceptance
- Users’ responsibilities and Logbook